Eco-storytelling sessions/workshops currently offered to school learners.
- Focuses on an ecological theme such as recycling, drought, plastic pollution in rivers and oceans and its consequences, deforestation, flooding, overpopulation, farming, food security etc.
- Is customized such that the chosen theme features through a number of scenarios accessible to the learners.
Benefits of the method to the learners:
- Presents an opportunity for each learner to think, discuss and learn about the ecological challenges facing our world today.
- Circle learning cultivates a healthy group dynamic;
- Encourages each participant to listen to and learn from one another;
- Uses creative teaching methods to create greater learning;
- Encourages each participate to use their imagination;
- Ends with either a group presentation/ group performance/piece of writing;
- Empowers each individual learner!
- It’s interactive and FUN!
‘Circle Learning’ is a strategy for learning which honours the collective wisdom of each participant.